We are encouraging everyone in our community to exercise the CDC’s health and safety policies outlined below. We understand that certain situations may warrant an exception to these protocols, and housemates should openly discuss and document such exceptions in their homesharing agreement, as well as keep open lines of communication throughout the homeshare.
- Wash your hands with soap and water for 20 seconds upon entering the house and before and after preparing food, using the bathroom, or touching surfaces in public places.
- Ideally, clean and disinfect shared and “high-touch” areas such as the kitchen and living room after each use using EPA-registered disinfectants.
- Disinfect shared bathrooms regularly and be sure they are stocked with soap, paper towels, or hand sanitizer.
- Open the window(s) in common areas as often as you can; this will help keep fresh air circulating.
- Avoid sharing personal household items like cups, plates, utensils, and towels. If you do share, be sure to thoroughly wash them in between uses.
- The presence of non-essential visitors in shared areas should be avoided.
- Avoid entering each other’s private rooms or living quarters unless it is necessary.
- Try to avoid public transportation outside of the home, including trains, buses or ride-sharing.
- If one person is spending a significant amount of time outside of the house, try to maintain 6 feet of physical distance in shared spaces, even while sharing a meal. If you are unable to do so, wear a face covering.